Monday, July 6, 2009

Ottawa Trip

I am lazy
I've been meaning to write about my trips around Ottawa and Toronto in the recent weeks, but I'm lazy.

So instead I'll just put the pictures I've taken from one of them and call it a photo essay. That's a good pompeous name to cover the fact I'm playing games instead of doing something with meaning.

So here it is. I had some errends to do two weeks ago and I took my newly purchased bike for a ride around town, shooting some pictures that might explain why I personally love this city so much.
For some reason it won't let me see the large versions, but if you really want them go here
Elgin St.,
see, I'm not used to mini castles in the middle of my bus ride
Museum of Wildlife or Nature or something like that.
A very succesful (in my opinion) modern addition to an old building.
The canal,
it's about the same size as Lake Kineret - Israel's only water source (well, sorta)
Wroooooom!

Ah, memories of Dunton Tower - the ugliest tower in the world!
Yes, I am very fond of water
Now it's like moving pictures. Look!
Getting closer...
It's a BRIDGE!
The device that raises and lowers boats up and down the river (for Canadians reading this, I'm writing these blurbs for the Israeli friends, I know YOU know this already)
It's like the end of a cheesy movie <333
Did I mention I live 10 minutes bike ride from this?
and that it's right across from campus? You can see that from the seats in the library.
I'm thinking of calling it Tichi
Hog's back park, and some pretty mosque or something in the background.

1 comment:

  1. Rotem, these look awesome. It (almost) makes me miss Ottawa as much as you would.

    ReplyDelete